Primary Job Responsibilities :
- Conduct literature searches and prepare toxicological assessments of various raw materials/ingredients used in consumer and OTC products.
- Creation of Toxicology Profiles for INCI ingredients as well as residual chemicals.
- Conduct risk assessment for raw materials for cosmetic applications including Margin of Safety and California Proposition 65 calculations.
- PDE Calculations.
- Draft Full Safety Assessments as required by the European Cosmetics Directive.
- Draft safety assessments for impurities and degradants based on requirements.
- Draft Full Safety Assessments including recommendation for approval of formulas.
Secondary Job Responsibilities :
- Complete all assigned trainings within specified timelines.
- Participate in Process Improvement Initiatives to keep up the Quality and Compliance score.
- Escalate any issues for in the daily activities with the Lead on Daily Basis.
Candidate Profile :
- Minimum of 1-10 years of experience in Pharmaceutical/FMCG/KPO industry.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in life sciences or related field; advanced degree(MVSC/M.Pharm/MSc/MS Pharm/PhD in Toxicology) preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication and presentation skills in English.
- Should be familiar with toxicological literature search databases and OECD guidelines.
- Should be able to interpret toxicological data (systemic and local toxicity).
- Should be able to differentiate with treatment related and non-treatment related effects in animals.
- Should have experience in risk/hazard characterization of chemicals/residues.
- Should have experience in drafting the reports.